Construction Materials Testing
RCA’s NATA accredited construction and materials testing laboratory currently employs 35 staff members. We provide a range of testing services including Level 1 or 2 supervision of fill placement on construction sites, road and rail projects and soil classification and engineering property testing.
RCA laboratories use HELPA software which enables rapid and detailed reporting of all test methods offered.
ON SITE EARTHWORKS TESTING SERVICES
RCA has NATA approval to operate external laboratories on site. Our experienced team of earthworks technicians is able to operate from site, producing timely and accurate reports.
Recently RCA has established site laboratories for a range of developments including the following:
- Minimbah Bank Third Track Stage 1 rail line comprising 11kms of rail embankment and formation construction completed in 2010.
- Pasminco Cockle Creek lead smelter remediation comprising the cell construction, filling and capping which is currently ongoing.
- Hunter Expressway Project from Kurri Kurri to Branxton ongoing until mid 2012.
LABORATORY TESTING SERVICES
Our laboratory based at Carrington, NSW offers a wide range of mechanical property testing for the following materials:
- Recycled material.
Testing can be carried out to a range of standards including Australian Standards and Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
RCA Environmental Laboratory
SOIL AND WATER ANALYSIS
Analysis of soil and water samples is performed by our NATA laboratory using Australian Standard, APHA and analytical methods. Analyses is routinely undertaken for:
- inorganic determinations;
- metals determinations;
- cation and anion determinations;
- organic determinations;
- leachate analysis;
- nutrient analysis;
- acid sulfate soils;
- microbiological analyses.
Our Environmental Laboratory is NATA Certified for a range of water analyses.
Monitoring and analysis of stack emission particulates is undertaken by our trained environmental technicians. Monitoring is undertaken on both fixed and mobile plants across NSW. Stack monitoring is undertaken for Pioneer Road Services and Kooragang Bulk Facilities and other clients as required.
AIR QUALITY MONITORING AND ANALYSIS
Our Environmental Laboratory provides a complete range of air quality monitoring services and analysis, including the following:
- High volume air sampling (HVAS).
- Real time TSP and PM10 monitoring.
- Depositional dust monitoring.
- Odour monitoring and modelling.
- Monitoring of gases, vapours and mists.
Our Laboratory is NATA accredited to perform both sampling and analysis of high volume air sampler filter papers and depositional dust gauges. We can also provide a NATA certified on site HVAS calibration service of your equipment.
A comprehensive range of air quality monitoring equipment is also available for hire.
In addition to air quality monitoring, the Environmental Laboratory can also provide all of your meteorological monitoring requirements through the installation and servicing of permanent and temporary weather monitoring stations.
OCCUPATIONAL HYGIENE MONITORING AND ANALYSIS
RCA’s Environmental Laboratory provides a consulting service for all of your workplace occupational hygiene issues, including the following:
- Airborne asbestos fibre monitoring.
- Bulk asbestos identification.
- Asbestos clearance inspections.
- Compilation of asbestos registers.
- Volatile organics in air monitoring.
- Semi-volatile organics in air monitoring.
- Inorganic air quality monitoring.
- Personal inhalable dust.
- Personal respirable dust.
- Personal noise monitoring.
- Personal vibration monitoring.
- Workplace noise surveys.
- Workplace lighting surveys.
RCA’s Environmental Laboratory has trained personnel with the ability to provide all of your asbestos monitoring and clearance requirements. We specialise in airborne asbestos fibre control and clearance monitoring, airborne asbestos fibre counts, bulk asbestos identification and asbestos clearance inspections.
RCA’s Environmental Laboratory can prepare and update asbestos registers and provide asbestos awareness training for employees.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING PLANS
RCA’s Environmental Laboratory has the capacity to develop concise environmental management and monitoring plans specific to your project. Management and monitoring plans can be developed for the following environmental aspects:
- Air quality.
- Water quality.
- Noise and vibration.