The Environmental group at RCA specialise in contaminated site assessment focusing on Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments including desktop reviews, development and implementation of Remedial Action Plans and Validation reporting.
Contaminated Site Assessments undertaken by RCA include the following:
- Service stations, former and operational.
- Agricultural land uses including cattle tick dip sites, banana plantations, fuel and chemical storage.
- Former industrial land uses including gasworks, smelters, foundries.
- Current and former infrastructure including roads, rails, pipelines, drainage systems.
- Asbestos impacted buildings and soils.
- Residential properties.
- Fill impacts including Virgin Natural Excavated Materials (VENM) assessments.
- Oil refineries.
Site remediation undertaken by RCA includes the following:
- Industrial sites to be redeveloped for residential re-use such as the former Pasminco Cockle Creek Smelter.
- Industrial sites to be redeveloped for commercial and industrial use such as the former Newcastle Steelworks site.
- Residential land use to be retained as residential land use including green field sites.
- Education, most notably the Building the Education Revolution (BER).
- Contamination assessments along road and rail alignments prior to construction.
GROUNDWATER RESOURCE AND CONTAMINATION
RCA has experience in groundwater management, including the following:
Groundwater contamination assessment and evaluation of level of harm.
- Numerical modelling of contaminant fate and transport.
- Numerical modelling for remediation strategy evaluation.
- Aquifer parameter testing including piezometer installation.
- Numerical modelling for resource evaluation, inflow and impact.
- Groundwater management plans.
- Groundwater monitoring for level and contaminants.
- Groundwater monitoring in accordance with the UPSS regulations.
RCA’s combination of geotechnical and environmental expertise allows for an integrated approach to landfill development and management. By working closely with our clients we are able to develop practical waste management solutions. Aspects of landfill management include the following:
- Geological assessment for landfill sites including feasibility studies.
- Slope stability assessment, incorporated in design.
- Landfill design.
- Leachate collected and management.
- Closure and long-term management.
- Landfill licensing and compliance monitoring.
RCA, through the use of specialist and experienced subcontractors, has the capability of implementing site remediation from small to large and complex sites. Our experienced engineers and scientists are able to bring together all project aspects of site history, geology and hydrogeology, geochemical information as well as future site plans, to develop a holistic and cost effective remediation strategy.
The RCA team is experienced in regulated licensing requirements. Reporting experience includes Environmental Protection Licensing and Load Base Licensing monitoring and reporting requirements.
RCA also has the capacity to undertake air, odour, noise, vibration, water and groundwater monitoring. In addition, personal monitoring can be undertaken for asbestos, inspirable and respirable dust, noise and other contaminants that may be required.